Keep up to date with the latest company news and attend our webcasts.
Board of Directors
Mark D. Burish
Chairman of the Board
- Mr. Burish has been Sonic Foundry’s Chairman of the Board since October 2011, and a director of Sonic Foundry since March 2010.
- He is a founder and shareholder of the law firm of Hurley, Burish & Stanton, Madison, WI, which he helped start in 1983.
- He is the founder and CEO of Our House Senior Living, LLC, Milestone Senior Living, LLC and Milestone Management Services, LLC which he started in 1997.
- Mr. Burish received his BA degree in Communications from Marquette University in 1975 and his JD degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1978
Chief Executive Officer
- Joseph P. Mozden Jr. is CEO of Sonic Foundry, the maker of the enterprise video capture and management platform Mediasite.
- He joined the company in September 2020.
- A growth-focused executive, he has a strong history of opening markets overseas, developing new products for market, and successful leadership during transformation.
- Before joining Sonic Foundry, he held executive roles across multiple industries including technology, SaaS, higher education, and big data.
- Most recently at DeVry University, Joe created a new market to overcome declining enrollment that grew to 15% of university revenues.
Frederick H. Kopko, Jr.
Director and Secretary
- Frederick H. Kopko has been Sonic Foundry’s Secretary from April 1997 to February 2001 and has been a Director since December 1995.
- Mr. Kopko is a partner of the law firm of McBreen & Kopko, Chicago, Illinois, and has been a partner of that firm since January 1990.
- Mr. Kopko practices in the area of corporate law.
- He has been a Director of Butler International, Inc. since 1985 and a Director of Mercury Air Group, Inc. since 1992.
- Mr. Kopko received a B.A. degree in Economics from the University of Connecticut, a J.D. degree from the University of Notre Dame Law School and an M.B.A. degree from the University of Chicago.
- Brian Wiegand has been a Director since July 2012.
- A serial entrepreneur, he has successfully founded and sold several internet-based companies.
- He is currently the co-founder and chair of the board of Alice.com, an online retail platform that connects manufacturers and consumers in the consumer-packaged goods market.
- Prior to Alice.com, Mr. Wiegand co-founded Jellyfish.com, a shopping search engine, in June of 2006.
- He served as CEO until October 2007 when the company was sold to Microsoft. Mr. Wiegand continued with Microsoft as the General Manager of Social Commerce until May 2008.
- He also co-founded NameProtect, a trademark research and digital brand protection services company in August 1997 which was sold to Corporation Services Company in March 2007.
- In addition, Mr. Wiegand founded BizFilings in 1996, the Internet’s leading incorporation Services Company.
- He served as the president and CEO until 2002 when the company was acquired by Wolters Kluwer.
Nelson A. Murphy
- Nelson Murphy has been a Director since November 2017.
- Since June 2020, Mr. Murphy has served as the Vice President of Finance & Administration at Lenoir Rhyne University, a private liberal arts school in Hickory North Carolina.
- From 2015-2019, Mr. Murphy was the Executive VP, Finance & Operations for Catawba College, a private liberal arts college.
- From August 2013 to June 2015 Mr. Murphy was VP, International Finance at Syniverse Technologies, Inc. in Luxembourg, a provider of mobile technologies.
- Previously, Mr. Murphy served in various senior finance roles at Northrop Grumman and AT&T including responsibility for finance and operations located in Europe, the Middle East and Latin America.
- Mr. Murphy has a B.S. in Accounting from Wake Forest University.
- Taha Jangda is the General Partner of Healthx Ventures, a digital healthcare-focused early-stage fund, since 2016.
- Mr. Jangda is also a member of the board of directors of Orbita, Inc. since 2018 and serves in numerous board observer and advisory roles.
- Prior to his current roles, he served from 2015 to 2017, as one of the founding team members and Strategic Advisor of TMC Innovation Institute, an accelerator program to develop medical devices and digital health startups.
- From 2015 to 2016, he served as the Chief Evangelist of Redox, a healthcare industry software company and from 2014 to 2015, Jangda was the Director of Commercialization for Admetsys, a developer of real-time diagnostic platform and closed-loop artificial pancreas.
- Mr. Jangda has a BS in Psychology from Texas A&M University.
Bill St. Lawrence
- Bill St. Lawrence has served as the General Counsel / VP of Business Development at BioDental Sciences, Inc, a dental technology and services company since 2019.
- Prior, he served from 2017 to 2019 as the General Counsel and then interim CEO at Northern Power Systems, a VT-based renewable energy company.
- From 2012 to 2020, he served as General Counsel and Chief Administrative Officer / Advisor for Northeast Wireless Networks, a wholesale shared access cellular networks company acquired by AT&T in 2018.
- Mr. St. Lawrence began his career in the NYC office of Heller Ehrman and represented venture funds, venture backed companies and investments banks, including Allen & Co.
- Mr. St. Lawrence has a B.A. in History from Hobart & William Smith Colleges and a J.D. from the University of Maine School of Law.