Sonic Foundry will release Q3 FY23 earnings on Thursday, August 10, 2023
Board of Directors
Mark D. Burish
Chairman of the Board
- Mr. Burish has been Sonic Foundry’s Chairman of the Board since October 2011, and a director of Sonic Foundry since March 2010.
- He is a founder and shareholder of the law firm of Hurley, Burish & Stanton, Madison, WI, which he helped start in 1983.
- He is the founder and CEO of Our House Senior Living, LLC, Milestone Senior Living, LLC and Milestone Management Services, LLC which he started in 1997.
- Mr. Burish received his BA degree in Communications from Marquette University in 1975 and his JD degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1978
Chief Executive Officer
- Joseph P. Mozden Jr. is CEO of Sonic Foundry, the maker of the enterprise video capture and management platform Mediasite.
- He joined the company in September 2020.
- A growth-focused executive, he has a strong history of opening markets overseas, developing new products for market, and successful leadership during transformation.
- Before joining Sonic Foundry, he held executive roles across multiple industries including technology, SaaS, higher education, and big data.
- Most recently at DeVry University, Joe created a new market to overcome declining enrollment that grew to 15% of university revenues.
Bill St. Lawrence
- Bill St. Lawrence has served as the General Counsel / VP of Business Development at BioDental Sciences, Inc, a dental technology and services company since 2019.
- Prior, he served from 2017 to 2019 as the General Counsel and then interim CEO at Northern Power Systems, a VT-based renewable energy company.
- From 2012 to 2020, he served as General Counsel and Chief Administrative Officer / Advisor for Northeast Wireless Networks, a wholesale shared access cellular networks company acquired by AT&T in 2018.
- Mr. St. Lawrence began his career in the NYC office of Heller Ehrman and represented venture funds, venture backed companies and investments banks, including Allen & Co.
- Mr. St. Lawrence has a B.A. in History from Hobart & William Smith Colleges and a J.D. from the University of Maine School of Law.
Nelson A. Murphy
- Nelson Murphy has been a Director and Chair of the Audit Committee since November 2017. During his career he has held several senior financial roles in public and private corporations, with a strong experience in commercial and governmental markets as well as Higher Ed.
- Most recently he served as Vice President for Finance and Administration at Transylvania University in Lexington, Kentucky. Prior to that Mr. Murphy served as Executive VP, Finance and Operations for Catawba College, a role that held from 2013-2018. Prior to that he was VP, International Finance at Syniverse Technologies in Luxembourg.
- Murphy spent 9-years in Northrop Grumman, serving as VP Finance in their Defensive Systems Division and as Senior Director and Treasurer of their Electronic Systems Sector. Mr. Murphy started his career with AT&T where he spent 18-years and served in a variety of senior financial roles including responsibility for Operations in Europe and Latin America.
- Murphy has a B.S. in Accounting from Wake Forest University (1982).
- Brian Wiegand has been a Director since July 2012.
- A serial entrepreneur, he has successfully founded and sold several internet-based companies.
- He is currently the co-founder and chair of the board of Alice.com, an online retail platform that connects manufacturers and consumers in the consumer-packaged goods market.
- Prior to Alice.com, Mr. Wiegand co-founded Jellyfish.com, a shopping search engine, in June of 2006.
- He served as CEO until October 2007 when the company was sold to Microsoft. Mr. Wiegand continued with Microsoft as the General Manager of Social Commerce until May 2008.
- He also co-founded NameProtect, a trademark research and digital brand protection services company in August 1997 which was sold to Corporation Services Company in March 2007.
- In addition, Mr. Wiegand founded BizFilings in 1996, the Internet’s leading incorporation Services Company.
- He served as the president and CEO until 2002 when the company was acquired by Wolters Kluwer.