AMSTERDAM, The Netherlands (ISE booth #3A120) — January 31, 2012 — Sonic Foundry, Inc. (NASDAQ: SOFO), the trusted market leader for enterprise webcasting, lecture capture and video content management has unveiled the sixth version of its patented, award-winning Mediasite webcasting platform.
Mediasite 6 introduces the broadest range of live mobile streaming aimed to radically accelerate the adoption of lecture capture and video content management for education institutions, corporations and government at any stage in their video streaming initiatives. New capabilities available in Mediasite 6 include:
• Live and on-demand streaming of any Mediasite presentation to iPads, iPhones, iPods and BlackBerrys using HTML5 and H.264
• Adaptive streaming, via Microsoft Smooth Streaming, to optimize playback by switching video quality in real-time based on available bandwidth and device capabilities
• System-wide video search leveraging indexed slide text, presentation metadata and closed captions (if available) to pinpoint valuable content snippets anywhere in your Mediasite library
• Search engine optimization for publically-available presentations
• Enhanced Mediasite analytics with embeddable analytics widgets and iOS-friendly reports
• H.264 video imports allowing any external video to be managed, secured and tracked alongside Mediasite content
• Free Mediasite Mobile App to watch live or on-demand webcasts on your iPhone or iPod
“We have a lot of students starting to use iPads. With version 6 we will be able to provide them access to the Mediasite recordings on those devices as well. That’s really great,” said Pierre Gorissen, Senior Consultant Educational Development and Research Department at Fontys University of Applied Sciences.
“Mediasite has always been the platform of choice for us,” said Gareth Lloyd, Digital Event Services Manager, Saville Audio Visual in the United Kingdom. “It is the complete end-to-end solution for capturing, managing and delivering presentations seamlessly and reliably in a totally flexible experience. With the release of Mediasite 6, Sonic Foundry continues to lead the way as the explosion in mobile and net-connected devices is radically affecting how users want and need to communicate. The ability to quickly search and locate relevant pieces of information across multiple presentations using any presentation metadata is invaluable. Combining this with the ability to stream interactive rich media content live and on-demand to tablets and smartphones is the way of the future.”
Mediasite has been named the Best Webcast Platform in the Streaming Media European Readers’ Choice Awards, the Global Market Share Leader for Lecture Capture Solutions by Frost & Sullivan for three years, and four-time consecutive winner of the Streaming Media Readers’ Choice Award for Best Webcasting Solution.
“Mediasite 6 is the culmination of years of leadership in webcasting and lecture capture, and the result of a major effort to deliver on the innovativeness and creativity our loyal customers have come to expect,” said Rob Lipps, executive vice president of Sonic Foundry. “With the Mediasite 6 platform, we further unleash enterprise-class functionality and dependability, challenging ourselves and our customers to take webcasting to the next level.”
About Sonic Foundry®, Inc.
Sonic Foundry (OTC: SOFO) is the global leader for video capture, management and streaming solutions as well as virtual and hybrid events. Trusted by more than 5,200 educational institutions, corporations, health organizations and government entities in over 65 countries, its Mediasite Video Platform quickly and cost-effectively automates the capture, management, delivery and search of live and on-demand streaming videos. Learn more at www.mediasite.com and @mediasite.
© 2021 Sonic Foundry, Inc. Product and service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of Sonic Foundry, Inc. or their respective owners.