LAS VEGAS, Nev. InfoComm Booth #C3460 — June 06, 2018 — Sonic Foundry, Inc. (NASDAQ: SOFO), the trusted global leader for video creation and management solutions, today announces Mediasite Connect, a portal that provides everything needed for a successful online event experience.
The new out-of-the-box solution is the latest offering from the company’s Mediasite Events team, which provides turnkey online event streaming services to hundreds of companies, healthcare organizations and continuing education conferences of all sizes each year. Mediasite Connect is designed to be a one-stop shop – a secure online YouTube-esque portal where remote attendees can register and pay for, watch and engage with and share video content.
“Using streaming video to engage in-person and remote attendees is important, but it’s one step in the strategic event process. Meeting planners and event partners must think about creating an entire content strategy,” said Rob Lipps, Executive VP, Sonic Foundry. “Our latest events solution, Mediasite Connect, helps companies and organizations create that strategy and makes every aspect of the online event – from registration and ecommerce to watching and engaging with the videos, and everything in between – available on one integrated video platform.”
With Mediasite Connect:
- Offer flexible online registration to remote attendees. Collect attendee information, payment and any promo codes advertised for the event to allow them to watch and engage with the video content. Plus, send them emails directly from Mediasite Connect to communicate about the event.
- Drive engagement with live chat. Let attendees watch and engage with the content in Mediasite Connect’s video player, complete with chat boxes next to every video, live or on-demand. Ask questions, make comments and interact with other viewers.
- Search, filter and sort for a customized viewer experience. Powerful search lets users create customized video portals.
- Create revenue-generating streams with ecommerce tools. Sell the captured content after the event is over. Whether it’s an individual video like a keynote, a group of videos or an entire track or conference, let the world buy it in Mediasite Connect’s online store.
- Work with a dedicated team of pros who support you before, during and after event. With the most experienced project managers and rock-solid technology in the industry, Mediasite Events is the go-to solution for the world’s largest companies and conferences.
Stream live to social channels
New social streaming capabilities via Real-Time Messaging Protocol allows Mediasite to directly stream to social channels like Facebook and YouTube while simultaneously streaming to Connect. Increase the reach of conferences and events by streaming keynotes and select sessions to the public.
Sonic Foundry will be showcasing Mediasite Connect at InfoComm booth C3460 this week. Learn more at events.sonicfoundry.com.
About Sonic Foundry®, Inc.
Sonic Foundry (OTC: SOFO) is the global leader for video capture, management and streaming solutions. Trusted by more than 4,900 educational institutions, corporations, health organizations and government entities in over 65 countries, its Mediasite Video Platform quickly and cost-effectively automates the capture, management, delivery and search of live and on-demand streaming videos. Learn more at www.mediasite.com and @mediasite.
© 2019 Sonic Foundry, Inc. Product and service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of Sonic Foundry, Inc. or their respective owners.