Orlando, Fla. – InfoComm Booth 1829; UBTech Booth 602 — June 15, 2015 — Sonic Foundry, Inc. (NASDAQ: SOFO), the trusted global leader for video creation and management solutions, today announced new features to enhance Mediasite Enterprise Video Platform, the most complete and automated platform for creating, publishing, searching and managing enterprise video.
Updates include new hardware and software capture-solutions, deeper integration with leading learning management systems and a new Interactive Player, all of which support explosive growth in user adoption. Mediasite content-creation is growing 49 percent year-over-year and viewership of Mediasite Cloud-hosted videos is up nearly 600 percent since 2013.
Sonic Foundry will be showcasing Mediasite this week at UBTech, Booth 602 and InfoComm, Booth 1829, including:
Expanded Video Capture
With an expansion of our award-winning capture tools, Mediasite provides organizations the tools and flexibility to ensure all valuable knowledge-transfer, regardless of setting, can be captured, managed and delivered with a single platform.
• Mediasite Join – Cloud-based service to record and transcode single and multipoint H.323 videoconferences with synchronized H.239 content. Recorded calls are published to Mediasite Cloud or Mediasite Enterprise Video Platform alongside other video assets
• Mediasite Catch – Easy to use, podium-based video capture software with automatic schedule-driven recording and a faculty-friendly user interface
• Mediasite MultiView Recorders – Record, synchronize and stream up to four HD content sources, including three 1080p videos
• Mediasite RL100 Series Recorders – Set-top appliance for on-demand content capture in –technology-light rooms by leveraging remote, schedule-based recording
• My Mediasite Dual-Video Capture – My Mediasite’s Desktop Recorder supports dual-video capture — ideal for pairing screencasts or demos with speakers’ videos
“Mediasite has been the most automated and seamless capture solution for us. I see Mediasite Join as a way to do the Mediasite Magic also with videoconferences. Dual full motion video, editing, secure playback, analytics. It’s all there. It’s always been possible to record video conferences with Mediasite but this is automated, and takes advantage of the Mediasite technology already present,” said Thorleif Hallen, manager of education technologies, UNINETT.
Deeper LMS Integration
Mediasite’s support of the latest Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) standard provides seamless integration with Sakai, Canvas, Blackboard and Moodle, giving faculty and students:
• Automated video publishing that embeds video in any course
• Single Sign On support
• Direct access to My Mediasite within the LMS to easily create, upload, share and manage videos, and access viewing activity and analytics
• Mediasite SmartSearch’s advanced video search within any video lecture or course
Leveraging Player APIs, users can create a testing and assessment module which supports:
• Time-based questions and polls with real time feedback and results
• Pre- and post-testing and surveys
• Analytics showing “are you there” validation
“As universities and the enterprise are challenged to keep pace with the rapid acceleration of video creation, our focus is to provide them with new levels of flexibility, scalability and control. We have architected our solutions to transform the act of communicating into knowledge in a single step, and these innovations will help our customers more quickly realize the value of video through Mediasite,” said Rob Lipps, executive vice president of Sonic Foundry.
To read more about what’s new in Mediasite 7, visit www.sonicfoundry.com/mediasite7blog.
About Sonic Foundry®, Inc.
Sonic Foundry (NASDAQ: SOFO) is the global leader for video capture, management and streaming solutions as well as virtual and hybrid events. Trusted by thousands of educational institutions, corporations, health organizations and government entities in over 65 countries, Sonic Foundry’s solutions include Mediasite®, Mediasite Connect, Vidable™ and Global Learning Exchange™.
© 2022 Sonic Foundry, Inc. Product and service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of Sonic Foundry, Inc. or their respective owners.