MADISON, Wis. — May 31, 2017 — Sonic Foundry, Inc. (NASDAQ: SOFO), the trusted global leader for video creation and management solutions, today announces growing demand for Mediasite in telehealth applications. Hospitals and healthcare associations worldwide are turning to Mediasite to efficiently train staff and maintain the highest standards in technology, research and compliance with the ever-evolving healthcare regulatory environment – ultimately leading to improved patient care.
The need for Mediasite in this industry continues to proliferate as demand for quality video increases:
• In 2016 there were nearly 5 million views on medical-related Mediasite video, including both cloud and on-premises content, which represents an increase of 17% over 2015
• In 2016 there were over 50 million minutes of medical-related Mediasite content consumed; that’s more than 800,000 hours, nearly 35,000 days and nearly 100 years’ worth of video and also running far ahead of last year’s pace
“The demand for video-enabled business applications in healthcare continues to grow, particularly for telemedicine for immediate care, continuing medical education and patient education,” said Jim Lundy, CEO of Aragon Research. “The healthcare industry is highly regulated and it is crucial that the video platform used be a secure repository for the content. Video platforms, such as Mediasite are helping healthcare providers offer better care and education in a secure and trusted manner.”
Mediasite is helping to meet the dynamic needs of medical education and hospital training in a variety of applications and institutions which include:
• Uses Mediasite to create, market and sell digital training content to 4,000+ hospitals and healthcare associations in the Netherlands and Germany
• Hospitals can create and share customized content using Mediasite between hospitals via a secure sharing network
Medical Center Leeuwarden
• Large and specialized teaching hospital in the Netherlands, providing interactive staff training programs via Mediasite about how to use a new electronic health records system
• Integration with gamification technology supports engaged learning and boosts retention
• Future plans for Mediasite include making video top priority for learning initiatives with video introductions for new staff, continuing medical education for doctors, recording doctor-patient interactions – with patient permission – for professional development and patient and caretaker education
Marshfield Clinic Health Systems
• Records staff training, professional development and grand rounds via Mediasite
• Clinic has more than 1,200 educational and training videos for practicing and retired physicians, staff and allied health providers
• Videos are available in a secure internal online video portal
ABC for Health
• Creates free educational webcasts for the public about topics such as BadgerCare Plus, Health Reform’s Marketplace, Medicaid and The Affordable Care Act
• Specializes in providing teaching and training relevant to child health coverage for Wisconsin families
• Creates five to 10 videos each week, and the content is seen all over the U.S.
“Sonic Foundry has been working with hospitals, medical schools and associations that embrace technology solutions to stream online education, such as grand rounds and continuing medical education courses,” said Gary Weis, Sonic Foundry CEO. “Now, as an increasing number of healthcare organizations rush to digitize and manage information, they are increasingly relying on technology partners to aid in creating solutions that enhance just-in-time training for staff and patients. By partnering with Sonic Foundry and choosing the Mediasite solution they are able to maximize their tele-health strategies with accessible, engaging video.”
Learn more about Sonic Foundry’s video solution for healthcare at: www.sonicfoundry.com/solutions/health.
About Sonic Foundry®, Inc.
Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Madison, Wis., Sonic Foundry (OTC: SOFO) is dedicated to transforming how the world works and learns through innovative and scalable technology solutions. Sonic Foundry’s brands include Vidable® and Global Learning Exchange® which help unlock a smarter, more connected world for learners, workers, and entrepreneurs everywhere. For more information visit www.sonicfoundry.com.
© 2024 Sonic Foundry, Inc. Product and service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of Sonic Foundry, Inc. or their respective owners.