MADISON, Wis. — May 16, 2012 — Sonic Foundry, Inc. (NASDAQ: SOFO), the trusted market leader for lecture capture, enterprise and event webcasting, will host two live webinars this month as part of the company’s best practices series.
Video Streaming in Education and Beyond: Instruction, Recruitment, Advising, Orientation and LMS Training
In an era of budget reductions and cost-cutting, cost and efficiency are primary considerations for institutions of higher learning, but the California State University, Fullerton School of Nursing has been able to continue to provide high quality support services to students while reducing the time required for these functions.The School of Nursing uses video streaming and lecture capture not only for course instruction and distance education, but also for a slew of other campus functions. Marsha Orr, distance education faculty liaison, will discuss:
- Why video-based instruction and video distribution is key to not only successful course instruction, but also multiple other training needs on campus
- How the department is leveraging lecture capture for LMS training boot camp as they transition to Moodle®
- Tips for saving time in recruitment, advising and orientation through webcasting
- Ways to better standardize information provided to students, which in turn enhance students’ perceptions of the quality of support they receive
Presenter: Marsha Orr, Distance Education Faculty Liaison, California State University, Fullerton’s Department of Nursing
Moderator: Sean Brown, Vice President of Education, Sonic Foundry
Copyright Basics for Online Presentations
Intellectual property attorney Joseph T. Leone will discuss the basics of webcasting copyright and touch on some recent cases that shed new light.
- What types of content (photos, images, screenshots, videos) can be used safely in an online presentation without author permission? And what content definitely cannot be used?
- What’s in the grey zone and what factors dictate how grey is too grey?
- Is there a difference between fair use for face-to-face instruction vs. online, hybrid or blended?
- After a presentation has been streamed online, who owns it? And what happens if it shows up in someone else’s presentation?
Presenter: Joseph Leone, a partner in the Madison law firm DeWitt Ross & Stevens with a focus on copyright, trademark and patent matters
Moderator: Erica St. Angel, Vice President of Marketing, Sonic Foundry
About Sonic Foundry®, Inc.
Sonic Foundry (OTC: SOFO) is the global leader for video capture, management and streaming solutions as well as virtual and hybrid events. Trusted by more than 5,200 educational institutions, corporations, health organizations and government entities in over 65 countries, its Mediasite Video Platform quickly and cost-effectively automates the capture, management, delivery and search of live and on-demand streaming videos. Learn more at www.mediasite.com and @mediasite.
© 2021 Sonic Foundry, Inc. Product and service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of Sonic Foundry, Inc. or their respective owners.