ORLANDO, Fla., UBTech Booth #400 — June 10, 2013 — For the 10th consecutive year, Titanium-sponsor Sonic Foundry Inc. (NASDAQ: SOFO), the trusted leader for video content management and webcasting solutions, is using its Mediasite platform to webcast sessions from UBTech to an online audience.
UBTech 2013, held June 10-12 in Orlando, Fla., is higher education’s most focused high-level conversation about technology’s impact on every aspect of campus leadership and practice. More than 1,000 campus visionaries attend from 400 colleges and universities nationwide. This is the third year keynotes and featured sessions will be streamed live via Mediasite, and over 60 sessions will be recorded for on-demand viewing. Plus The Future of Video in Education and Community College Leadership summits sponsored by Sonic Foundry, as well as the AV Summit: Automate Innovation, CFO Summit: The Power of Data and CIO Summit: Security in a Borderless Network will be recorded for on-demand viewing.
The conference sessions, which will be available on-demand for registered attendees, focus on teaching and learning technologies, campus networks and infrastructure, facilities planning and design, financial services and marketing institutions.
“Our partnership with Sonic Foundry helps us enhance the overall quality of our UBTech conference year after year,” said Stephanie Martinez, CIO of University Business. “We know it’s a necessity to capture and preserve knowledge shared at our events, and we are proud to say we’ve offered a hybrid event for the past decade, allowing us to expand our reach beyond our show floor to higher education professionals all over the U.S. Sonic Foundry supports us every step of the way. The Mediasite Events team affords us the ability to capture concurrent sessions and post on-demand content to our website almost immediately. For 10 years now, we have relied on Sonic Foundry to provide a state of the art experience for our attendees and they have come through for us every year with both technology and support.”
The following keynote sessions will be publicly available post-conference:
- Re-imagining College: The Case for Radical Change: Gene Wade, Co-founder and CEO of University Now; 9 a.m. June 11
- Beyond MOOCs: 5 Digital Initiatives That Make Sense for Every College: Sree Sreenivasan, Chief Digital Officer at Columbia University; 10:40 a.m. June 12
Also, be sure to catch these Mediasite pros at the mic:
- The Future of Video in Education: A Vision of Your Campus in 2013 and Beyond: Sean Brown, VP of Education, Sonic Foundry; 3 p.m. June 10
- Ten Tips for Streamlining Your Communication and Training Plan on Campus: Mona Aldana-Ramirez, San Antonio College; 11:05 a.m. June 11
- The Educational Shopping List for Academic Video: Thomas Kemp, Ashland University; 11:05 a.m. June 11
- The Dynamic World of Social Media in Education, Business, and our Personal Lives: Jim Jorstad, University of Wisconsin-La Crosse; 9:50 a.m. June 12
About Sonic Foundry®, Inc.
Sonic Foundry (OTC: SOFO) is the global leader for video capture, management and streaming solutions as well as virtual and hybrid events. Trusted by more than 5,200 educational institutions, corporations, health organizations and government entities in over 65 countries, its Mediasite Video Platform quickly and cost-effectively automates the capture, management, delivery and search of live and on-demand streaming videos. Learn more at www.mediasite.com and @mediasite.
© 2021 Sonic Foundry, Inc. Product and service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of Sonic Foundry, Inc. or their respective owners.