MADISON, Wis. – August 22, 2008 – Sonic Foundry, Inc. (NASDAQ: SOFO), the recognized market leader for rich media webcasting and knowledge management, will host a webinar featuring the vice president and chief information officer at the University of Maryland, Baltimore.
While getting everyone – academic leadership, faculty, staff and students – on the same page for any IT initiative can be a daunting task, the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) has cracked the code for a successful campus-wide lecture capture initiative. In just a few years, this large research university, which is the University of Maryland’s public academic health, human services, and law center, is now mediasiting lectures and other educational content in their professional and graduate schools: Law, Nursing, Pharmacy, Social Work, and the first Dental School in the world. Join Dr. Peter J. Murray, Vice President and Chief Information Officer at UMB, as he reveals his secret formula for modeling the infrastructure, licensing and distributed ownership of their unprecedented enterprise deployment of Mediasite.
Discussion will include:
- UMB’s step-by-step process for deciding to standardize on Mediasite for lecture capture, including their criteria for an enterprise agreement, techniques for building consensus among many groups and what Murray considers the number one ingredient for success
- the benefits of the Mediasite Enterprise Agreement
- an overview of UMB’s Mediasite enterprise architecture, including the roles and responsibilities within each school and the central IT office
- proven tactics for overcoming obstacles to campus-wide implementation
- issues to consider before, during and after launch, including the biggest surprise Murray experienced along the way
Dr. Peter J. Murray has been the Vice President and Chief Information Officer at the University of Maryland, Baltimore since January 2002. He oversees the Center for Information Technology Services, which develops and maintains mission-critical enterprise systems and technologies for the University. Dr. Murray is also responsible for overseeing and coordinating campus-wide information technology, including policies, committees and the overall strategy for the University.
Moderator: Sean Brown, Vice President of Education, Sonic Foundry
When: Live webinar Tuesday, August 26 at 10 a.m. Central. Also available on demand.
About Sonic Foundry®, Inc.
Sonic Foundry (NASDAQ: SOFO) is the global leader for video capture, management and streaming solutions as well as virtual and hybrid events. Trusted by thousands of educational institutions, corporations, health organizations and government entities in over 65 countries, Sonic Foundry’s solutions include Mediasite®, Mediasite Connect, Vidable™ and Global Learning Exchange™.
© 2023 Sonic Foundry, Inc. Product and service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of Sonic Foundry, Inc. or their respective owners.