MADISON, Wis. — February 04, 2015 — Sonic Foundry, Inc. (NASDAQ: SOFO), the trusted global leader for video creation and management solutions, has been cited as a leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Video Platforms and Webcasting, Q1 2015.
Sonic Foundry was among the select companies that Forrester Research, Inc. invited to participate in its report. In this evaluation the company was cited as a leader in all three of the report’s categories —‘Webcasting,’ ‘Portals’ and the combined, comprehensive solution ‘Webcasting and Portals.’
The report, authored by Phillip Karcher, senior analyst, assesses 16 enterprise video platform and webcasting providers based on their current offerings, strategies and market presence.
“Video is becoming a more common channel that enterprises use to communicate — both internally with other employees and externally with customers and partners,” according to the report. “As enterprises look at applications for video across marketing, corporate communications, and training, selecting the right technology platform is an important decision … Selecting the right platform allows application development and delivery pros to maximize their opportunity to apply video communications to achieve organizational objectives and enhance customer and employee experiences.”
According to the report, Leaders have the following characteristics:
- A strong track record in the webcasting space, with interactive and customizable webcasting player experience, robust control platform to manage webcasts like staged events and tools to edit recordings
- Excellent portal features for video content management, uploading and encoding and workflow; supporting many options for video capture and good video editing tools
- Having the most complete offerings for organizations that want a multipurpose solution for webcasting and video portals
Sonic Foundry was also cited for:
- Webcasting player with in-video search and ability to show multiple camera feeds at once
- Portal and content management capabilities
- Desktop content creation tools
- Ability to ingest web conferencing recordings
- Cloud-based videoconferencing signal acquisition
- Restful API commitment
“We’re very pleased to be recognized by Forrester’s respected analysts. We believe that our status as a leader in this report solidly establishes Mediasite as a recognized solution for comprehensive video content management for the enterprise,” said Gary Weis, Sonic Foundry CEO. “We know what’s required for scalable, widespread adoption of content creation and management, having successfully helped more than 3,000 customers. We will continue to innovate best-in-class technologies for the knowledge workers of the future.”
About Sonic Foundry®, Inc.
Sonic Foundry (OTC: SOFO) is the global leader for video capture, management and streaming solutions as well as virtual and hybrid events. Trusted by more than 5,200 educational institutions, corporations, health organizations and government entities in over 65 countries, its Mediasite Video Platform quickly and cost-effectively automates the capture, management, delivery and search of live and on-demand streaming videos. Learn more at www.mediasite.com and @mediasite.
© 2021 Sonic Foundry, Inc. Product and service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of Sonic Foundry, Inc. or their respective owners.