MADISON, Wis. – December 22, 2020 – Sonic Foundry, Inc. (OTC Pink Sheets: SOFO), the trusted leader for video creation and management solutions, as well as virtual and hybrid events, today announced consolidated financial results for its fiscal 2020 fourth quarter and fiscal year ended September 30, 2020.
Fiscal 2020 Fourth Quarter Highlights
- Billings of $11 million in the fourth quarter of 2020, a $1.2 million increase over the same quarter last year
- Total revenues of $10.2 million compared to $9.2 million in the fourth quarter of 2019, a 10 percent increase
- Gross margin was $7.3 million, or 72 percent in the fourth quarter of 2020 compared to $6.5 million, or 70 percent in the fourth quarter of 2019
- Net income attributable to common stockholders of $439,000, or $0.06 per share, compared to a net loss of $(179,000), or $(0.03) per share, in the fourth quarter of 2019, an improvement of $618,000
- Adjusted EBITDA of $1.6 million for the fourth quarter of 2020 compared to $744,000 in the same quarter last year, a 115% improvement
- Unearned revenue was $12.1 million as of September 30, 2020 and $11.5 million as of September 30, 2019
About Sonic Foundry®, Inc.
Sonic Foundry (OTC: SOFO) is the global leader for video capture, management and streaming solutions as well as virtual and hybrid events. Trusted by more than 5,200 educational institutions, corporations, health organizations and government entities in over 65 countries, its Mediasite Video Platform quickly and cost-effectively automates the capture, management, delivery and search of live and on-demand streaming videos. Learn more at www.mediasite.com and @mediasite.
© 2021 Sonic Foundry, Inc. Product and service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of Sonic Foundry, Inc. or their respective owners.