MADISON, Wis. — December 22, 2014 — Sonic Foundry, Inc. (NASDAQ: SOFO), the trusted leader for video creation and management solutions, believes video is the single most transformative asset for a campus or the enterprise, and today presents its predictions for the top video trends in 2015.
- Big Data/Analytics/Search: This year digital video drastically increased the data footprint of individuals due to the ubiquitous availability of creation and capture tools. In 2015, universities and enterprises will move beyond streaming and content management, and focus on making that video data smart and searchable with powerful analytics. Indexing will help people search the audio and text to pinpoint critical concepts. Stakeholders will leverage analytics to show the dramatic impact video is making on their organizations, with the ability to track viewing behavior and measure ROI to make informed decisions about the effectiveness of eLearning programs. People are watching, and in 2015 using big data and analytics to help prove that will be more prevalent.
- Cloud: Private cloud adoption will rise in 2015. IT organizations are realizing significant benefits to hosting their content in their own secure cloud to divert heavy viewing traffic from their on-premises infrastructures. Infrastructure barriers to video adoption will decrease in 2015, yielding larger campus- or enterprise-wide video investments.
- Multi-Perspective Video: Multi-perspective video capture and delivery will be the answer for complex learning and communication environments. Being able to watch several video feeds simultaneously gives real-life dimension and deepens engagement to better show complex medical, engineering and technical procedures, how-to-trainings, product demonstrations and role-play scenarios like moot court or high profile events.
- Campus and Enterprise “YouTubes”: Universities and enterprises are creating video at a prolific rate, increasing demand for a secure, central video home. In 2015, valuable content will move to secure video portals like Mediasite Showcase, with YouTube-esque user interfaces so employees, faculty and students can easily reference it for years to come.
- Collaborative Video: Video collaboration is universal in businesses as telecommuting becomes more prevalent. Video collaboration tools are evolving to increasingly use synchronous video, as well as audio and supporting content, as a source. Watch for enterprise video systems to become more collaborative in the new year.
“The future of video is about embracing its power to create more effective, stronger organizations, and that’s possible with Sonic Foundry,” said Sean Brown, Senior VP, Sonic Foundry. “Video-based online learning is now a standard offering in higher education and the enterprise as more and more people realize its power to span distance and time and streamline communication.”
Trusted by educational institutions, corporations and government entities, the patented Mediasite video content management and webcasting system quickly and cost-effectively automates the capture, management, delivery and search of live and on-demand streaming videos and rich media.
About Sonic Foundry®, Inc.
Sonic Foundry (OTC: SOFO) is the global leader for video capture, management and streaming solutions as well as virtual and hybrid events. Trusted by more than 5,200 educational institutions, corporations, health organizations and government entities in over 65 countries, its Mediasite Video Platform quickly and cost-effectively automates the capture, management, delivery and search of live and on-demand streaming videos. Learn more at www.mediasite.com and @mediasite.
© 2022 Sonic Foundry, Inc. Product and service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of Sonic Foundry, Inc. or their respective owners.